Now that we have reported what to do Before and During an Earthquake, today’s blog will outline what to do AFTER an earthquake.
* Check to see phones were not shaken off hooks. Only use phones for emergency calls.
* Check the situation, Call for backup if necessary, and Care for victims without jeopardizing your safety.
* Put out small fires and clean up spills. If fire is larger than a trash can, leave room, and close the door.
* If safe, take a walk around your home and carefully look for damage.
* Get car out of garage and load it with supplies to prepare for evacuation, if necessary.
* Call your out-of-state contact to check on safety of family members and relay messages.
Don’t forget – The Calif. Great ShakeOut – Thursday (10/18) – 10:18 a.m. For the latest information on what’s happening in Sonoma County, click on … http://shakeout.org/california/participants.php?start=Sonoma